PDA

View Full Version : LD'ing - staying offline this eve

Exxodia
03-28-2017, 08:59 PM
My PC is just unreliable atm. I'm gonna have to take out my spare and work on em both. Sorry and good raiding this eve.

Denlar
03-29-2017, 09:19 AM
Good luck, need any advice shot me a email or Fanra is a wiz at them.

Exxodia
03-29-2017, 09:37 AM
After a thorough search online, this has been an ongoing issue since at least 2013. As someone mentioned, it has to do with...

Post from 2013
"Sounds like what's known as a TDR: Timeout Detection [and] Recovery. Essentially something caused the graphics drivers to take too long to respond and Windows tried to restart them to fix the problem. The looping occurs when the conditions that caused the problem to begin with aren't cleared by restarting the driver.

Unfortunately, there's no set cause for this. It can be caused by an overly aggressive overclock, excessive temperature, power (as in electrical) issues, or even driver problems, among other things. There's quite a few threads on it, on forums all over the place - not just this one.
A lot of people with older GeForce cards have found it better to roll back to an earlier driver, with 314.22 being a popular choice and some preferring to go just before the 300-series (296.something - I don't recall exactly)"

However apparently someone isolated my more recently issue to at least...

Post from 2017
"Ya the latest Windows update changed Registry files to block programs that overclock your graphics settings. Looking into it still. Mine went from blocking WoW.exe to flipping out where it goes into unresponsive and starts flashing from WoW to desktop repeatedly until I open Task manager and end task. This seesm to be happening with alot of the NVIDIA cards with the new windows 8.1 and windows 10 automatic Restart updates...."

Yesterday I tried to do a system restore point to before the latest windows update, but I couldn't find any (odd as usually it does one prior to any update). Any idea how to downgrade/remove either my latest window or nvidea update (musta did one the other day without realizing).