PDA

View Full Version : Is Everquest a game I can get back into?

vandarr
02-16-2015, 09:51 PM
Thought I would ask here.Ive been MIA from everquest for years,havent really played many other MMOs(messed around in WOW and Star wars).Hows the population on the server,last time I logged on was premerger and finding anyone to play with was like pulling teeth and I absolutely hate the mercenary concept of the game.Still Sitting on my 76 pally and was wondering if I could dust him off lol.

Binker
02-17-2015, 08:26 AM
If you are just going to go lfg then it would be hard . If you try to make groups then its pretty easy . If not in a guild its pretty hard. If you are a pally impossible ... :jk:

vandarr
02-17-2015, 09:35 AM
are you still rocking that disturbing barney shade of purplish blue lol?

barbarossa
02-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Hi Vandarr,
I just came back to EQ from 2009 and was level 85 and way behind. I had a friend in guild and he would group with when he was on and got back in the swing of things. Keep in mind our play times are often different so I did do some soloing. Also, EQ has daily quest you can do for exp and also heroic adventures for groups that people are always looking for people to join. I finalize felt comfortable enough and join the guild and having a great time. There is always times when you can't find a group but if your realistic I believe if you enjoy the game you can come and get back into EQ.

Exxodia
02-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Bottom line is... EVERYONE eventually comes back to EQ. It's a great game, even with all the bugs... and the people are generally all amazing (in their own ways). As Barbarossa said, they do have daily tasks now which many newbies and alts do regualirly so finding others to play with would be easier, and joing a guild is still a great way to meet and group with others. Being a pally, soloing at this high level is really ill advised unless you 2-box, especially if you dislike mercs.

Patancia
02-17-2015, 04:13 PM
It's much easier to level up these days. I think you would be fine, and many of us remember you.

ieaien
02-17-2015, 06:20 PM
STFU Vandarr. Now that that is out of the way, EQ is still easy to jump back into. As Pat said, leveling is easier than it use to be. As far as remembering you, my first memory was me saying hello while I was a recruit in Omani, and you telling me to "STFU Recruit".

vandarr
02-17-2015, 07:51 PM
lol

vandarr
02-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Attention all eqplayers, the Everquest UI is now something similar to playing a flight simulator game on the PC.Holy cow I need a quick guide for this thing.Hope to see some of you in game at some point

Binker
02-19-2015, 08:51 AM
No, i'm not rocking those colors anymore lol .

Fanra
02-21-2015, 05:39 PM
http://www.eqmagetower.com/wiki/ReturningtoEQFAQ

Kensing
02-28-2015, 05:28 PM
Do it!