PDA

View Full Version : No Drop Loot Mistakes: SOE Will Not Help

Fanra
12-02-2013, 07:46 PM
SOE did a poor job in announcing that their new policy is to provide no help at all if you make a mistake in looting a no drop item.

So if someone on a raid mistakenly loots an item, expect SOE to tell you too bad.

If you wish to comment or complain about this, I suggest you read my post on the SOE forum thread on the issue and add your own comment.

Go here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/loot-mistakes.205307/page-7#post-3017630

Jook
12-02-2013, 08:08 PM
posted.

Denlar
12-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Frankly I think we are lucky they even did this prior to the announcement.

More than likely its a huge time sink for them to research something that helps two players only and to fix a error one of those players made themselves in the first place.

Neenia
12-03-2013, 09:59 AM
They did mention in the post that they are considering some type of in-game option, however I don't see this as ever being viable. There are so many schemers and hackers that exploiters in the game that someone on some server would figure a way to farm raid gear and sell it to the highest bidder.

As Denlar said, I am surprised it took them this long to stop moving mis-loots. Clicking the wrong item is 100% a player created error, and in there is zero ways in which the game mechanics can mess this up, so in truth Sony has no obligation to fix it. They will still continue to look into quest/mission/missing loot stuff as normal that has to do with mechanics.

We just need to continue to be very careful in what we loot on raids. I can't remember the last time something was mis-looted, at least over a year ago, and I think it was only for a spell, not actual gear.

Gynessa
12-03-2013, 10:23 AM
I never understood why a character in a raid couldn't just put said item back in a chest... it can't be that hard to program, would still be the player that was in said raid and such.

ieaien
12-03-2013, 12:49 PM
I have seen games where the ability to allow RL to distribute loot to the specified winner was available and worked well.

Dedos
12-03-2013, 02:37 PM
I have seen games where the ability to allow RL to distribute loot to the specified winner was available and worked well.

That's pretty much how it was done in Age of Conan and I think it worked very well. Like Nee said, there haven't been any issues regarding mis-looting of raid items, but a different type of loot system altogether might be a good idea.

Fasz
12-03-2013, 03:27 PM
I never understood why a character in a raid couldn't just put said item back in a chest... it can't be that hard to program, would still be the player that was in said raid and such.

I agree this would be the best scenario.

I am with you guys thinking that i'm surprised they helped the players this long

Frydra
12-03-2013, 03:44 PM
The best fix is just to not be a dork and pay attention when you loot. Our gold does a good job.... Other guilds are full of idiots

Fasz
12-04-2013, 08:25 AM
The best fix is just to not be a dork and pay attention when you loot. Our gold does a good job.... Other guilds are full of idiots

Looting is one of the most stressful parts of the game for me. I'll triple check the piece i'm taking to make sure its the right one then i'll check it again

Larathkillerpally
12-04-2013, 08:45 AM
I never understood why a character in a raid couldn't just put said item back in a chest... it can't be that hard to program, would still be the player that was in said raid and such. This is EQ devs we talking bout... Aint nobody got tme for Dat!!!!!

shea
12-04-2013, 07:59 PM
It's just going back to the original way of things. They used to have a pretty strict 'too bad' policy on looting no drop items which is something that changed at one point. I think Brahma still has a hate mage robe from way back in the day due to a finger spasm at the wrong time.

Patancia
12-04-2013, 09:36 PM
It's just going back to the original way of things. They used to have a pretty strict 'too bad' policy on looting no drop items which is something that changed at one point. I think Brahma still has a hate mage robe from way back in the day due to a finger spasm at the wrong time.

Shea is correct. I mentioned this to my son, who was a GM many years ago. He said that they did not "fix" the mistakes like they have been doing now.

Fasz
12-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Shea is correct. I mentioned this to my son, who was a GM many years ago. He said that they did not "fix" the mistakes like they have been doing now.

I could have confirmed that for you also.

The part i don't get though is that it even asks you "are you sure you want to loot this item????????????" So you have to loot the wrong item and then confirm you looted the wrong item!

Fanra
12-05-2013, 11:06 AM
The part i don't get though is that it even asks you "are you sure you want to loot this item????????????" So you have to loot the wrong item and then confirm you looted the wrong item!
The same issue arises with the Windows User Account Control (UAC), you know, the one that spams you, "Do you want to allow this program to do this?". In Vista especially, it happened so often that it became useless, people got used to just hitting yes without looking or thinking.

So those kind of, "Are you sure?", messages become useless after a while, because you are so used to them.

People are not perfect automatrons that never make mistakes. People get tired, they get used to just clicking the yes box without thinking, etc.

Blaming people for something with the, "Well, they were warned", message is a kind of arrogance, in my opinion. Warnings only work when they are clear and not lost in the spam of life.

How many people really read every user manual's first two pages which describe how your toaster is dangerous and warns you of the 30 things to do and not do? And do you remember every single one three years later?

Gynessa
12-05-2013, 12:09 PM
"How many people really read every user manual's first two pages which describe how your toaster is dangerous and warns you of the 30 things to do and not do? And do you remember every single one three years later?"

I have the right - nay the DUTY - to dig out a bagel with a fork while in the bath from my toaster. 'Merica! :tongue:

ieaien
12-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Everybody needs to go into their options and make sure they have the no trade loot option on. Otherwise, it won't show the confirmation box

tweelis
12-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Going back to my days as a psychology student here.....one thing I learned back then is people naturally will take more risks the safer they feel in a given situation. There simply is no foolproof system that accounts for every possibility; this isn't just a loot thing but rather a life thing. The question is when a mistake is made what if any mechanism should handle the mistake?

Fasz
12-05-2013, 05:19 PM
The same issue arises with the Windows User Account Control (UAC), you know, the one that spams you, "Do you want to allow this program to do this?". In Vista especially, it happened so often that it became useless, people got used to just hitting yes without looking or thinking.

So those kind of, "Are you sure?", messages become useless after a while, because you are so used to them.

People are not perfect automatrons that never make mistakes. People get tired, they get used to just clicking the yes box without thinking, etc.

Blaming people for something with the, "Well, they were warned", message is a kind of arrogance, in my opinion. Warnings only work when they are clear and not lost in the spam of life.

How many people really read every user manual's first two pages which describe how your toaster is dangerous and warns you of the 30 things to do and not do? And do you remember every single one three years later?

You are basically defending laziness or ignorance or whatever word you choose. Listen, i totally understand what you are saying, yes, you might mindlessly click "yes" to some boxes without thinking but it doesn't make it right when a mistake is made that effects OTHER people. I did not "blame" anyone for anything but I definitely feel bad for all those people that got screwed out of loot that they won because someone else wasn't paying attention for whatever reason. I honestly could care less because i know this is just a game but there honestly is no reason not to double check what you are clicking on when other people could be effected.

Fanra
12-05-2013, 06:09 PM
You are basically defending laziness or ignorance or whatever word you choose...I honestly could care less because i know this is just a game but there honestly is no reason not to double check what you are clicking on when other people could be effected.
The word you should have used is "affected", but I guess you are too lazy or ignorant to realize that :).