PDA

View Full Version : LoN Patch Screwing Up Everything

Fanra
02-07-2013, 07:21 PM
So the game wants to patch and starts downloading and gets stuck.

I went in and disabled the LoN download and it still is trying to download LoN.

I logged out, logged back in and now am trying the Validate Game Assets in the hopes the disable LoN actually works and it doesn't lock me into downloading the crappy file that won't download.

Especially since LoN doesn't even work in the game without crashing.

SOE sucks donkey balls.

Itsmom
02-07-2013, 07:28 PM
same here Fanra

Malacath
02-07-2013, 07:35 PM
you try making a
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

shortcut

to bypass the patcher? i havent ran the patcher in almost a month and it lets me log in

you can also use the /login "account name" to pretype in your account name in the shortcut like

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme /login accountname

Hanadur
02-07-2013, 07:43 PM
This thing is mega slow i been downloading it for over 40 mins now and still not half way done.

Fanra
02-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Go to the Gear on the left side of the LaunchPad and click it. Then choose Game Version, uncheck LoN and hit the Apply button. This should stop it from downloading that crap.

If that doesn't work, exit the game and come back. If that still doesn't work, you have to go into your EQ folder, find the LaunchPad folder, find the LaunchPad.Cache folder and delete the files in the LaunchPad.Cache folder.

Then you have to log back in and put in your password. Then this time when you go to the Gear and choose Game Version and uncheck LoN and hit Apply, it should actually stop downloading LoN.