PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

shasroh
02-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Thought I would poke my head in and see how everyone is doing?

Most of you probably don't remember me as very few names looks familiar to me here on the forums, I was in Omani several years ago. I remember when Jook was a recruit =P I of course remember pat and when I last play Mystipul was in I think Phantom Raiders?

I see you guys are still alive and kicking, I have toyed with the idea of logging in for alittle bit, esp when I saw the F2P anouncement, but I would have to by SK class again and last time I logged in I was so lost!

Gandol
02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
you should still be able to use your old account. I'm still doing the eq2 thing.. :)

shasroh
02-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Ah Gandol your here too!

Ya but I don't have my active sub anymore. SO i would have to resub or buy my class unless I get it to play without doing that..then that would rock.

shasroh
02-29-2012, 09:12 PM
Speaking of EQ2 I stopped that when rift came out..tried to do both but couldn't and I have since stopped rift and am in swtor...game is fun but community feels lacking. Only places I have thoroughly felt I belonged was here in EQ1 and in Fortune Hunters Alliance in EQ2.

Fanra
02-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Ya but I don't have my active sub anymore. SO i would have to resub or buy my class unless I get it to play without doing that..then that would rock.
If you still remember your account sign in and password you should be able to just log in and play once f2p goes active. Of course, you are limited unless you pay but if you have an old character you can play them for free regardless of class or race. They are just limited to certain things, you can't earn any more AAs if over 100 (or 1000, I don't know exactly how that works), can't visit latest expansion, can't go over level 90, etc.

Patancia
02-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Hey Shasroh. It's good to hear from you. In case you might be thinking of Fan Faire again, we will have a big crowd going this year. Would love to meet up with you. :biggrin:

shasroh
02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Fan Faire is out this year, going to star wars celebration this summer, and that is barely in the budget, let alone 2 trips.

shasroh
02-29-2012, 09:59 PM
If you still remember your account sign in and password you should be able to just log in and play once f2p goes active. Of course, you are limited unless you pay but if you have an old character you can play them for free regardless of class or race. They are just limited to certain things, you can't earn any more AAs if over 100 (or 1000, I don't know exactly how that works), can't visit latest expansion, can't go over level 90, etc.

That is awesome fanra, now I will have to log in...just to redownload the whole game again lol

I remember the last time I logged in all my old raid gear felt so lackluster compared to the defiant? ( I could have the name wrong) armor that I saw all over. I'll have to log in and see if I can find anyone I used to know.

Jook
03-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Hail the Mighty Shasroh,

free to play will suck, too many limitations, but if you do play, upgrades for you will come easy, it's crap that everyone else either has or has way better.

shasroh
03-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Ya, the limitations look pretty lame, but ill do the F2P to see if I am feeling it.

tweelis
03-01-2012, 10:44 AM
There's a pretty big thread on the Sony boards about the F2P stuff. Anybody that has an account and has ever paid will automatically get a silver membership. It's the 100% new accounts that will be on the free list. Also, any character that has existed will be grandfathered into playable. So if somebody wants to play their level 75 gnome enchanter will be able to do so even though it isn't on the race/class list for silver. This is why my wife's accounts with a halfling cleric, wood elf druid, iksar shaman, gnome chanter and gnome rogue will make an appearance once in awhile.

Fasz
03-02-2012, 11:17 AM
i left EQ for EQ2 sometime in 2007, got a warlock to 70. I played for about 8 months and never felt comfortable. I hated the linked mobs and felt so restrained. Went back to EQ 1 and felt at home again. Only thing i like better in EQ2 was being able to sell my stuff offline and i like the tradeskilling better.

Gandol
03-03-2012, 04:23 PM
Speaking of EQ2 I stopped that when rift came out..tried to do both but couldn't and I have since stopped rift and am in swtor...game is fun but community feels lacking. Only places I have thoroughly felt I belonged was here in EQ1 and in Fortune Hunters Alliance in EQ2.

Yup I did the same..Rift just got too boring for me. SWToR, I loved the story line for the sith warrior, but once i hit 50, it was bad. no real end content other than grinding the dailies and the raids suck.

EQ2, I moved to the AB server and I'm liking it. We do raid a couple times a week, but aren't near end content, so no worries about waiting for another expansion.

shasroh
03-08-2012, 11:02 PM
I have been enjoying the game at 50, we just started raiding last week and the raids haven't been bad yet. I enjoy warzones also though.

Itsmom
03-09-2012, 08:45 AM
(((((((((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))))))) Gandol. miss ya buddy, hope all is well =)