Thread: Lagging Framerate? This could be why.

Lagging Framerate? This could be why.

We all know the past few months have had some server lag. You know, when everyone in the game notices a pause for a few seconds?

Well, we can't fix that, only Daybreak can.

However, I just discovered a bug which we can fix, one that causes the game to always seem laggy when a lot of things are going on (like a raid). The game seems to slow down and stutter.

The bug is that the LaunchPad, what starts EQ, not only doesn't shut down once EQ is launched, but hangs around and sucks down your processor power. This remains until you shut down or reboot.

The fix is this. Once you are in the world of Norrath with your character, you no longer need the LaunchPad.

So go to your Task Manager. Here is seven ways to go to it. You just need one, any one. Here's the link: https://www.howtogeek.com/66622/stup...-task-manager/

Once your Task Manger is open, it will look mostly like this:

LaunchPad CPU 2017-11-13.png

The GameLauncherCefChildProcess (several) and the Daybreak Game Company Laun... are all from the LaunchPad and you don't want them running once you are in game.

So, with your mouse, click on Daybreak Game Company Laun... Note that the full name is most likely Daybreak Game Company LaunchPad and may have more after the word LaunchPad. Regardless, if it has the Daybreak eye icon and says Daybreak, then it is the launchpad.

Once you click on the Daybreak Game Company Laun... ,then click on the End task button at the lower right of that window.

That will shut down the LaunchPad and should fix it. Until the next time you launch EQ. Then you have to do this again.

Until Daybreak fixes this (I told them about it yesterday), you have to keep doing this every time you enter EverQuest.

The only way to avoid that is to run the game directly, bypassing the LaunchPad. This link says how: https://articles.eqresource.com/bypasslaunchpad.php If you do bypass the LaunchPad, be advised that you will not get any patches they release. Since you need the patches, make sure to run the LaunchPad whenever they patch. I recommend always using the LaunchPad to start EQ once they fix this bug.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

2. Likes: (3)
    Firewyne (11-13-2017),Lluke (11-13-2017),Loagina (11-13-2017)
    Last edited by Feonixx; 11-13-2017 at 10:08 PM.
    https://eq.sig.magelo.com/mini/3857453.png

FYI : Not all Parses are dead on balls accurate. If you would like a more accurate parse of yourself DL the parser and run it yourself Ty =)~

Quote Originally Posted by Feonixx View Post
    Just checked mine and I don't have that prob
    There could be a lot of reasons why I have it and others don't. Who knows? I might be the only person in the world with this issue. I just thought it was worth posting.

Thanks for letting me know you do not have this problem.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

Ah you have one really unhappy Drood here that is having the problem

thank you Fanra for info.
    Mbiki