We all know the past few months have had some server lag. You know, when everyone in the game notices a pause for a few seconds?

Well, we can't fix that, only Daybreak can.

However, I just discovered a bug which we can fix, one that causes the game to always seem laggy when a lot of things are going on (like a raid). The game seems to slow down and stutter.

The bug is that the LaunchPad, what starts EQ, not only doesn't shut down once EQ is launched, but hangs around and sucks down your processor power. This remains until you shut down or reboot.

The fix is this. Once you are in the world of Norrath with your character, you no longer need the LaunchPad.

So go to your Task Manager. Here is seven ways to go to it. You just need one, any one. Here's the link: https://www.howtogeek.com/66622/stup...-task-manager/

Once your Task Manger is open, it will look mostly like this:

LaunchPad CPU 2017-11-13.png

The GameLauncherCefChildProcess (several) and the Daybreak Game Company Laun... are all from the LaunchPad and you don't want them running once you are in game.

So, with your mouse, click on Daybreak Game Company Laun... Note that the full name is most likely Daybreak Game Company LaunchPad and may have more after the word LaunchPad. Regardless, if it has the Daybreak eye icon and says Daybreak, then it is the launchpad.

Once you click on the Daybreak Game Company Laun... ,then click on the End task button at the lower right of that window.

That will shut down the LaunchPad and should fix it. Until the next time you launch EQ. Then you have to do this again.

Until Daybreak fixes this (I told them about it yesterday), you have to keep doing this every time you enter EverQuest.

The only way to avoid that is to run the game directly, bypassing the LaunchPad. This link says how: https://articles.eqresource.com/bypasslaunchpad.php If you do bypass the LaunchPad, be advised that you will not get any patches they release. Since you need the patches, make sure to run the LaunchPad whenever they patch. I recommend always using the LaunchPad to start EQ once they fix this bug.