Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving on....

Moving on....

Some may have known that this day was coming and others may not believe it. I left Omani Winter a few minutes ago in game. This decision was not easy because I have so many friends that I have worked with for many years to achieve many goals and I hold the help you provided me close to my heart as I hope you do the help that I provided to any of you.
    I will point out a few things that made the decision easier for me and hope that the people who I leave behind may use to make the guild stronger. First, cherish the memories of your former guilds but move on as one unit. There is still comments in chat channels and on the boards that are belittling current members because of what guild they belonged to prior to the merge.
    Secondly, work on raid strats that work for Omani Winter. Strats that worked prior to the merge are not necessarily the best strats anymore, cause you are a new unit. With this new unit, you have filled gaps that both guilds had and had formulated systems to work due to those gaps. Those gaps are filled now and you need to address the new deficiencies.
    With those two point made, I wish all of you great success. Lastly, if anyone needs help on an individual basis feel free to send me a tell.

No.

Bah we been together since GOL I will miss you and likely Painya alot.

Be well an hopefully happier, drop me a note if you need a hand ect.

Pool Boy [also Guild Leader] Lluke's Avatar
    I haven't known you long, but know that you are a well respected member of your current, and former guild... I am sorry that things have not worked out for you, and do wish for you to find the happiness in game that you seek... I am sorry to lose you (and likely Painya as well), but know that should you change your mind, the door is certainly open... Best wishes!

Lluke

Recruitment Officer
    Sorry to see you go Lory. I hope that you will think things over a bit more and decide to come back. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide.

For all our differences I really genuinly enjoyed you and Painya the last several years. Will be odd not seeing you in guild.. Take care my friend

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Lory View Post
    Some may have known that this day was coming and others may not believe it. I left Omani Winter a few minutes ago in game. This decision was not easy because I have so many friends that I have worked with for many years to achieve many goals and I hold the help you provided me close to my heart as I hope you do the help that I provided to any of you.
    I will point out a few things that made the decision easier for me and hope that the people who I leave behind may use to make the guild stronger. First, cherish the memories of your former guilds but move on as one unit. There is still comments in chat channels and on the boards that are belittling current members because of what guild they belonged to prior to the merge.
    Secondly, work on raid strats that work for Omani Winter. Strats that worked prior to the merge are not necessarily the best strats anymore, cause you are a new unit. With this new unit, you have filled gaps that both guilds had and had formulated systems to work due to those gaps. Those gaps are filled now and you need to address the new deficiencies.
    With those two point made, I wish all of you great success. Lastly, if anyone needs help on an individual basis feel free to send me a tell.
    Lory, I never got a chance yet to get to know you. That post you made was very profound and I couldn't agree more. I think both guilds DO still have that mentality of us against them and it truly is ashame but my hopes are that in time we will gel as 1 unit like you suggest. I do think it will happen in time.

I sure hope you find happiness in game again and like the others said, the door is always open for you here!

Fasz

I too wish I could have gotten to know you better. We're all like recruits again trying to get to know everyone. I agree 100% with you on your suggestions to make the guild stronger. No one should be making belittling remarks about fellow guildies. If you have a problem with someone, talk to an officer in private.

From the comments I'm hearing, it sounds like you have been a well-respected guildie for a long time. Try not to let the bad attitudes of a few people spoil the game for you. I hope in the future you will consider returning. In the meantime good luck to you and your wife.

Hail the Mighty Lory!

I think many of us have fully embraced the new guild as ONE guild.
    As a part time player, I can still that many of the toons previously associated with WL, are damn fine players.
    I know some other WL people better than some of the Omani people.

I'd love to know who we need to fully indoctinate. err.. umm... who is resisting the unification...
    We need to bring a halt to any behavior that is driving wedges in our guild.

Teamspeak, it's still mostly Omani people, but everyone is encouraged to join teamspeak.
    Maybe tonight I'll make an effort to join skype and give Denlar a hard time in there.
    That's one division we haven't been able to eliminate.
    I'm under the impression that skype was primarily WL officers.
    Teamspeak, has primarily been random members, with Bonejangles, Fanra, and Kongking commonly in it.
    But we just shoot the sthi in teamspeak, but do often pass along good raid info.
    So consider this an open invitation to teamspeak.
    There is a limit to how many can join, but we haven't been maxing out.
    If we max out, we can ( one way or another) increase the number of users.

Again, I'm among the many that are sorry to see you go.

Sorry to see you go :( . You are going to soon , the party is just getting started : ) . We now have a pretty brutal force . No such thing as us vs them in my book , we all 1 nice kick ass guild. Maybe you come back oneday in the future. I have no problems if you decide to come back. Good luck to you .

BARD!! I'm sorry to see you both leave. I hope you find what you are looking for in your new guild. Safe travels...