Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Station Launcher broken?

Station Launcher broken?

Painya and I are both having issues with station launcher. No matter whether we click the icon normally, right click and open, or click as administrator nothing at all happens, and I mean nothing. Any ideas?
    This just started today, btw.

Pool Boy [also Guild Leader] Lluke's Avatar
    Worked for me just now...

Having any trouble getting to any other websites? Restart your router? Getting any errors at all? How long has this been going on today?

Having problems with it myself today. Nee didn't have issues..but she uses an older version..prolly some new file with the latest edition that is glitchy....

-I reject your reality and substitute my own...

But I really don't care how it looks as long as its good. I would swing a turd if it was godly dps- Clawinya

we managed to login by using the everquest.exe in the eq folder. When I got to work I tried Launch Pad and it worked, so I do not know, will reset the router when I get home and see what happens. No problems surfing the net and no error screen popups.

Retired
    Have noticed that launcher seems to glitch in various ways if it is not closed when you turn off your computer. Normally wind up just removing and re installing to correct.

Retired
    Where is station launcher download, I'm having trouble finding it again. Also, downloaded maps from mapfiend but I can't find Map folder in my EQ files. Just downloaded EQ on my new hard drive. I also couldn't find my character(s) in the EQ file. I only logged in Rabies once so far but figured it would have set it up.

Other than the LaunchPad not remembering my password, I don't have any problems with it.

These days, the LaunchPad files go right in your EverQuest folder. They used to go elsewhere but nowadays they go there.

To find your Map folder or any other EverQuest folder there are basically two main ways to do it.

One is to right click on your EverQuest icon (that you use to launch the game) and choose (depending on your OS) either "Open file location" or if that option is not avalable, choose "Properties" and then click the "Open File Location" button.

Two, you can launch the LaunchPad and click the gear in the lower left side of the screen (Advanced tools). Once that opens, choose, "Open Game Directory".

Just for your info, the maps are in the "maps" folder (plural and all lower case) in your EverQuest folder.

They have also added the ability to make sub-folders in your maps folder so you can have custom map sets, like a custom ui. Although I just put my Mapfiend and Rasper's maps in the main maps folder.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

Retired
    I know all that Fanra but thank you for trying to help. Downloaded maps numerous times. Problem I'm having is there is no map folder. I just installed EQ on new hard drive, logged into EQ and played a bit. Then today before I logged in again I checked the EQ file and nothing there.

I need the station launcher program, the one you can use to launch Legends of Norrath. I can't find a proper download.

Retired
    Happened to nor=tice that my player files and maps where suddenly moved to a new folder under the public users. Not sure how or why this happened but I did notice it when I went to update my maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies View Post
    Problem I'm having is there is no map folder. I just installed EQ on new hard drive, logged into EQ and played a bit. Then today before I logged in again I checked the EQ file and nothing there.
    I'm not sure I can help you with this. However, as per Zonoz and the "public users" folder issues, my advice is always install EQ in a hand-picked folder, do not let it use the default folder. For example, "C:\Games\EverQuest" is a good choice. "C:\EverQuest" however, is not a good choice, as it should not be in the "root" (that is don't put it right off the drive letter).

With Vista and Windows 7, using any kind of "Users" or "Program Data" or "Program Files" folder to put your EverQuest folder in, is just asking for trouble. Basically, if there are ten ways to do something, Microsoft will pick the most complicated and convoluted way to do it, and SOE plays along.

The only reason to ever use "Users" is if several people use your computer and you check the "save password" on EverQuest (and it is actually working) and you don't trust the other people using your computer. That is the reason why "Users" is used, to allow only the logged in user to access it. But it causes more trouble than it is worth, unless you have untrustworthy people using your computer and you have the save password checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabies View Post
    I need the station launcher program, the one you can use to launch Legends of Norrath. I can't find a proper download.
    Here is a quote for you from http://forums.station.sony.com/stati...d=11500038354:

Station Launcher is not distributed anymore. Clients that are currently installed will only patch down the individual LaunchPads for each game and run those instead of patching down the actual game assets.

However, a replacement "Multi-launcher" is in the works. Just don't ask for an ETA.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek