Thread: puter problems

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I generally deal with server os's more than desktop/user os's however you may find (and i could be totally wrong about this) that using a 'repair disk' created on someone else's machine may not work on yours.

Had something similar happen to my comp at the beginning of the year or end of last? Anyways, had a friend at work take it and plugged it up to his like an external hard drive and ran AVG over the files and then he used some canadian program the only one he could find to rebuild the part of the boot up portion that the virus had taken. He was able to get it to boot up and I backed up my pics/videos and then searched other choices which hp offered a disk for 20 bux had this not worked. Instead after i got it up i did AVG it found a couple more things. I also use malwarebytes along with it that Zillabik suggested one time which also found stuff none else did. Currently still in the same state with some files missing, but virus free. Fighting the upgrade to windows7 due to xp.

Finally got my disk after they sent one that got stepped on. Dealing with dell's people is like a couple hour ordeal and I don't have a lot of time during business hours so it took me a while to get it done. Now have some sort of pop up... "Microsoft Feeds Synchronization" thing. And any website that mentions microsoft in it will not load. Gotta get that figured out. You guys look like you are doing great! Grats on all the wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpilot View Post
    Now have some sort of pop up... "Microsoft Feeds Synchronization" thing. And any website that mentions microsoft in it will not load. Gotta get that figured out.
    This might help: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vi...tion-what.html

It is part of the Windows RSS platform that monitors RSS feeds you've subscribed to. If you don't use it, you can block it, but would be best to also turn it off:
    1. In IE7 click the Tools button and select Internet Options from the pop-up menu.
    2. On the Content tab of the Internet Options dialog box, click the Settings button in the Feeds section of the dialog box.
    3. In the Feed Settings dialog box, uncheck the "Automatically check feeds for updates" check box
    Let me know if you need any other help.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek