Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Drop Loot Mistakes: SOE Will Not Help

No Drop Loot Mistakes: SOE Will Not Help

SOE did a poor job in announcing that their new policy is to provide no help at all if you make a mistake in looting a no drop item.

So if someone on a raid mistakenly loots an item, expect SOE to tell you too bad.

If you wish to comment or complain about this, I suggest you read my post on the SOE forum thread on the issue and add your own comment.

Go here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...7#post-3017630
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

posted.

Frankly I think we are lucky they even did this prior to the announcement.

More than likely its a huge time sink for them to research something that helps two players only and to fix a error one of those players made themselves in the first place.

Officer, Raid Leader, HBIC Neenia's Avatar
    They did mention in the post that they are considering some type of in-game option, however I don't see this as ever being viable. There are so many schemers and hackers that exploiters in the game that someone on some server would figure a way to farm raid gear and sell it to the highest bidder.

As Denlar said, I am surprised it took them this long to stop moving mis-loots. Clicking the wrong item is 100% a player created error, and in there is zero ways in which the game mechanics can mess this up, so in truth Sony has no obligation to fix it. They will still continue to look into quest/mission/missing loot stuff as normal that has to do with mechanics.

We just need to continue to be very careful in what we loot on raids. I can't remember the last time something was mis-looted, at least over a year ago, and I think it was only for a spell, not actual gear.

I never understood why a character in a raid couldn't just put said item back in a chest... it can't be that hard to program, would still be the player that was in said raid and such.

a/k/a Vowels
    I have seen games where the ability to allow RL to distribute loot to the specified winner was available and worked well.

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ieaien View Post
    I have seen games where the ability to allow RL to distribute loot to the specified winner was available and worked well.
    That's pretty much how it was done in Age of Conan and I think it worked very well. Like Nee said, there haven't been any issues regarding mis-looting of raid items, but a different type of loot system altogether might be a good idea.

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandreil View Post
    I never understood why a character in a raid couldn't just put said item back in a chest... it can't be that hard to program, would still be the player that was in said raid and such.

I agree this would be the best scenario.

I am with you guys thinking that i'm surprised they helped the players this long

The best fix is just to not be a dork and pay attention when you loot. Our gold does a good job.... Other guilds are full of idiots

-I reject your reality and substitute my own...

But I really don't care how it looks as long as its good. I would swing a turd if it was godly dps- Clawinya

Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Frydra View Post
    The best fix is just to not be a dork and pay attention when you loot. Our gold does a good job.... Other guilds are full of idiots
    Looting is one of the most stressful parts of the game for me. I'll triple check the piece i'm taking to make sure its the right one then i'll check it again

11. Likes: (1)
    Sanderia (12-04-2013)