Thread: Possible Fix for Lagging/Stuttering and Longer Zoning Times

Possible Fix for Lagging/Stuttering and Longer Zoning Times

See this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...meplay.295741/

I'll try to create a write-up when I can with more detailed steps. I think the main thing was getting a new eqclient.ini file.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

I've created a blog post with just the LaunchPad changes (no eqclient.ini editing needed) here: January 17, 2024 Game Update Possible DirectX 11 Fix for those that just want to try the safest fix.

The blog post is a walkthough to help you do it without special knowledge or extra reading needed.

This may or may not help you but is easy to revert back.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

I hand-modified my eqclient.ini file, and zoning improved quite a bit. A lot of lag in populated areas remained, however.

I deleted the eqclient.ini, started EQ, then pulled over all customizations from backup and logged in. Amazing difference - no serious lag even in areas like guild lobby, so fingers crossed.

Also, during beta and right after DX11 was introduced on live, my spectre pets would appear shiny silver. This remained after hand modifying the eqclient file, but they are now "back in black" so to speak after having the file rebuilt. Fingers crossed...

Thanks for posting this info Fanra.

4. Likes: (1)
    Fanra (01-22-2024)