Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fan Faire 2012

Fan Faire 2012

This thread is for non-Omani Winter members and Omani Winter members to discuss the upcoming Fan Faire. Of course, you are free to start your own thread, but this one will be stickied to the top of the thread so you can find it easily.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

For those of you in the Seattle area (that are flying down) don't forget to search Bellingham or Portland to Vegas; sometimes you can save a fortune by driving an extra hour or two.

From Fanra's EverQuest Wiki Fan Faire page:

For 2012 there is a extreme lack of information forthcoming from SOE. Right now, it can not even be said for certain if there will be a Fan Faire in 2012.

Based on a poll created by SOE in August 2011 and a post in the same thread, the following is our best guess:

Date

Currently under consideration (gathered from the poll) are:

• September 13th – 16th 2012
    • September 27th – 30th 2012
    • October 18th – 21st 2012

October 18th – 21st 2012 is the number one choice among those who voted by a large margin. Of course, that doesn't mean that will actually be the date.

Place

According to a post buried deep in the SOE poll thread: Las Vegas will definitely be the city. If there is to be a Fan Faire at all, there is little doubt it will be in Las Vegas. This is due to many reasons, mainly the cost to both SOE and people attending.

The hotel will most likely be Bally's Las Vegas. The reason is that SOE is able to get a deal there that they state can not be matched elsewhere, quote, "The price is right for SOE and for guest rooms."

Official links

Currently useless, here they are:

"Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

It is currently 8 months until Fan Faire (the date we were given is October, the only possibly date after all was said in done..). The past 5 or so years, they only started updating plans for Fan Faire at the 4 months to go mark.... so yah, we have time before they get the ball rolling. At least people can start making vacation plans (and costume plans) now.

-I reject your reality and substitute my own...

But I really don't care how it looks as long as its good. I would swing a turd if it was godly dps- Clawinya

Recruitment Officer
    Yes, it was voted on. It's Oct. 18th -21st and it will be at Ballys.

Quote Originally Posted by Patancia View Post
    Yes, it was voted on. It's Oct. 18th -21st and it will be at Ballys.
    Has there been an OFFICIAL post by someone at SOE stating this? I haven't seen one.

Please link one if you can find one please, I want to update my info.

Recruitment Officer
    Yes, it was, but the site is down right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piestro EQ Community Manager
    The current FF page will most likely be redesigned when we announce dates and such this year. We certainly need to address any links to outdated info so if you see them please let me know. EQplayers.station.sony.com is going away so those can be ignored.

As to not having dates and such announced this early, there are many more constraints we face that are not transparent to the players. Getting contracts signed, buy in from all internal and any external partners that need to be involved, etc. We understand people's desire for this information and will get it out as soon as we can.

My reply to him:

Thank you for your response.

So, the date is not set in stone? Please make that clear so I can inform people as they are telling me they know for sure that it is on Oct. 18th -21st and it will be at Bally's and they are making plans based on this.

We are going to have people who are planning on that and if it is not confirmed they are going to have problems if it is a different date and/or place.

Please let us know:

1.) Will there be a Fan Faire for sure?
    2.) Will it be in Las Vegas?
    3.) If you don't know the date and/or place (hotel, city, etc) yet, again, please be totally clear on this.

Again, I can't emphasize enough that there are people currently making plans, reservations, etc. based on what could be faulty information and you need to clear it up right now, even if your answer is, "We don't know for sure, so please don't make reservations".

Thanks again for your reply and awaiting a clear answer I can give people, even if it is, "We don't know, so don't plan".

Thread is here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...opic_id=183266

His further reply:

Piestro wrote:
    If I did any of that I would be officially announcing it. We understand the desire for this information, as soon as we can we will share it.

to sum that up

if there is a fanfaire this year, it will be at bally's in vegas, with strippers, oct 18 to21