Thread: How do you Necro?

How do you Necro?

Hi Everyone,

I'm just looking for some core advice on playing a 106 Necro alt, Andrey, toward leveling up in the most efficient way.
    I've had him since 85 and have grouped and solo'd so far to 106. He's gear appropriate for now, with the 106 - 110 gear set. I'm just pet soloing
    right now with a healer merc.

Do any experienced Necros have some advice with regard to what dots they start out with and how they time it, if anything? I just set up dots on
    my spell bar from longest to shortest and just start with a set of say 5 or 6 dots, then FD to lower aggro, then just sit and med. That usually seems
    to be enough.
    I'm selecting the Dots I use based on duration rather than the type. Is there a way to get the most bang for the Mana buck? I'm killing
    mobs, but not sure I'm doing Necro in the most optimum way.

Any advice on Dot usage during solo vs. group play is greatly appreciated. As for mana regen, I have Deadskin up, Forgottenside, and just sit to
    med.

Thanks!

Silikos

The I'm Not Dead forum tends to have raid necro advice, but the older posts there deal with level 100 and above spells and abilities, both raiding and grouping.
    Fanra - 125 Hobbit Druid Semper Brevis! W.E.T.S.U.
    "Donkey, you have the right to remain silent. What you lack is the capacity." - Shrek

Thanks, Fanra! I will check it out. :D

4. Likes: (1)
    Fanra (06-22-2022)